EP 66: Be YOU + Be POPULAR? (with Margo Aaron)
Do you follow anyone online who seems to be 100% unashamedly THEMSELF and everyone seems to love them?
It kinda makes you wonder (or at least, it makes me wonder): is this person just unusually charismatic — and they know it — or can anyone be that attractive if they’re that confident?
Margo Aaron falls into this category for me. I stumbled upon her work about a year ago and felt like everything she wrote hit a chord with my soul.
Needless to say, I subscribed immediately. And have read nearly everything she’s sent me since.
Now, I’ve got some questions for Margo. Like…
- Does she somehow know that what she’s writing will hit home?
- Is she really as “authentic” as she seems? …or is it all a carefully planned marketing effort?
- What’s her best advice for being “yourself” and also writing words that other people will love? (And for all of us entrepreneurs… words that sell our products?)
Basically, what I want to know is: how can we both be ourselves AND be popular?
If that’s possible, then today we’re going to find out, because I convinced Margo to come on the podcast and let me
interrogate interview her.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- Why the best copy doesn’t come from your imagination, it comes from talking to people
- How Margo uses boundaries to show up authentically as herself in EVERYTHING she does
- Why marketing and selling is simply the art and science of getting people to care
- How Margo uses data to draw conclusions about what she should create
- Margo’s best advice if you don’t have an audience to listen to