EP 29: Get Booked as a Podcast Guest to GROW YOUR BRAND Faster with Brigitte Lyons
When you think about public relations, what comes to mind is probably media mentions and magazine placements. But modern PR is about so much more than that. Today, appearing on podcasts is an essential way for small business owners to grow their brand.
Seriously: entrepreneurs who show up on key podcasts typically get more exposure, build their audience faster, and even get more salesimmediately following a podcast appearance, according to today’s guest.
There are so many benefits to incorporating a public relations strategy into your small business—and, of course, I was determined to find out how to take advantage of the most powerful and most leveraged PR strategies that are out there today so that we can get the biggest results with the least amount of effort.
That’s why I’m excited to introduce you to my guest today, Brigitte Lyons.
Brigitte is the founder of Podcast Ally, a podcast booking agency that takes the hassle of researching and pitching podcasts off the to-do lists of their clients.
She originally came to this specialization by accident when her team booked a top podcast for a client and saw that it outperformed the magazines and online news sites her team was working with.
In addition to her agency, Brigitte also runs the Podcast Ally Pro Accelerator to teach other PR pros, talented virtual assistants, and internal teams how to book podcasts for their clients.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- Why podcast guest interviews are the #1 PR strategy for busy entrepreneurs
- Ideas for how to position yourself as a podcast guest + what to talk about
- How to decide which podcasts are the best fit for you and your brand
- Best “pitching” practices to increase your odds of getting a YES
Learn more about Brigitte Lyons:
- Free Pitch List with 50 Podcasts Booking Thought Leaders and Founders
- Podcast Ally Pro Accelerator
- @podcastally on Instagram
- @brigittelyons on Instagram
- Get Booked On Podcasts Program
Learn more about Gillian: